Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Decisions, Life Happenings, and the Future


Life as I know it is about to completely change and there is nothing I can do but go with it. As I am wrapping up my Senior year of high school and deciding on colleges and what I want to do with my life and other "adult" things I am having to choose, I'm learning I need to take in every moment. Even though I am so excited about going to college and starting a new chapter in my life, I am scared out of my mind. I have no idea what is in store for me. I don't know if I am going to mess up or fail. I will probably meet my husband. I will meet amazing friends that will turn into lifelong friends. But I need to remember that everything happens for a reason and to appreciate every moment that I am given. This past year I have been so busy that I have not always lived in the moment but thought about how awesome the future is going to be. I hope that I can remember while I am in college (which that is so weird to say) to live in the moment and be thankful for everything that happens, the good, the bad, and the ugly.


 

BUT! Let's get caught up what has happened this past year…. (Since it's been that long, sorry about that!)


 

Senior year has been so much fun and I can't believe that I only have 45 days left at the high school… that just seems so weird. I started the school year out being the mascot (like I had been since my freshman year) and was in the cheerleading class again which I have really missed this semester because cheer class, I literally had to do nothing. Which I enjoyed. Some days, the boy mascots who drive me nuts but I miss that. I enjoyed it. 
Senior girls in cheerleading
Football games were always fun and I loved being able to mascot this year. Although it was really hot and sometimes miserable, I enjoyed being the mascot for all 4 years that I did it. Even though I complained about mascoting (a lot, SORRY MOM!), I will miss it but not enough to do it again.




My mom was honored to get to participate in being at the Senior Pep-Rally during the fall. She got to dress up in the mascot and mascot with me during the pep-rally. She refused to create a skit with me which I was perfectly alright with. She was a great sport and did a fantastic job!
Me and Mom before
Mom and me during the pep-rally


Mom, Crystal, Me, and Crystal's Mom during the pep-rally


We had to learn a dance, this was during that


Me and Mom after the pep-rally


That night at the football game we also had Senior night and my awesome parents came (like they always do) and participated in all the things that they had to do. (Take pictures with me, give me flower, and stand and cheer on the football players as they came through the tunnel)

Mom, me and Dad at Senior night
My Sunday school class (also known as BFG- Bible Fellowship Group) had many hangouts during this year. We went to lunch multiple times after church, did angel trees, had fellowships, had D-NOW, and many other random things.

Back Row: Trystan, Haley, Addie, Morgan, Erin, Ashley, Emily, and Krista
Front Row: Kristi, Me, Abby, Natalie, Elizabeth
Christmas Musical came and went. I got to be an angel during a couple of performances which was fun but I just loved getting to hang out with everyone backstage.




Jeremy and Heidi were able to come to town for Thanksgiving and Christmas which was so exciting! They got to bring their puppy dog, Bruiser, and they got another dog when they were here. (Long story made short- Lost Bruiser, Heidi's parents started searching for another dog and found one, found Bruiser, still had dog they had found.) So we got to meet both Bruiser and Brittany. They were great dogs!


  
I also got my wisdom teeth taken out during Christmas break, 3 or 4 days before Christmas. But I was so glad that they were able to take them out and they didn't mess up my teeth like they do to some peoples.




We had so much snow this year. We even missed 4 days of school, FOUR people! That is a ton of snow (which was really ice for the first 3 days) but it was so much fun to not have to go to school those days and get to hang out with my mom and Leslie and Josh those days. And I even made a to-do list and did most of the things on it.




I went on my last Revolve tour with our girl's ministry. And I had so much fun! I definitely was in need of that weekend when I went and I am so glad that I decided to go because I got to meet some great girls and learned so much about how awesome my Jesus is!
  
I finally went to a Cheer Banquet. The last one but I went. And I had a good time. My parents went with me and it was the Thursday night before D-NOW so I wasn't super excited about it but I knew I needed to go. When I went up to get my certificate, rose, and trophy (yes, I got an awesome trophy for being the mascot), the cheer captain, Taryn, had wrote a small thank you to me for being a great mascot the past 4 years, which I thought was really nice.



D-NOW=AMAZING… enough said

  
I was so blessed to get to go to Tegucigalpa, Honduras during my spring break this year. I had the most amazing time of my life and I will never look at some things the same way. I would love to be able to go back some day. I will hopefully make another post about the trip.




I miss him...
My last thing I wanted to talk about is that I will be going to TEXAS STATEin the fall for college!!!! I finally made the decision. I told my parents on Friday by buying them shirts and car decals. I came to my decision on Wednesday night when I just had an overwhelming peace about going there and I am so excited about what my future holds!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment