Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Current thoughts

As I am reflecting on an unusual day, I think about how people can have so many emotions. It's crazy; I have laughed, cried, been angry, upset, confused, frustrated, annoyed, and content; and that has been just today and it is only the afternoon…. But I think that is normally for a girl. Right?

This morning, when I was getting dressed, I didn't think anything was wrong with my t-shirt, black Nike shorts, and my tennis shoes. Let me remind you two things: First- I am 4'10". I'm short, yes, I know. So pants, skirts, dresses, and shorts are all longer on me. Seconded- I go to a high school with 4,000 kids. That is a lot of students. Just keep that in mind when you read my story. So when I got into school that last thing I thought was going to happen was me getting in trouble for my outfit choice. The "normal" rule for shorts is finger-tip length or mid-thigh, correct? WRONG O JELLY O!!! We aren't allowed to wear athletic shorts to my school…. WHAT?!?! When did this rule happen? We are allowed to be on our phones in the hall and have facial hair, but we can't wear athletic shorts. I think that is dumb! But I understand that some people wear their shorts SUPER short but if you know me at all you know that I am super conservative so ME being out of dress code is just hilarious. Anyway, I cried because I don't like getting in trouble and because I was frustrated and because the lady that told me to change was EXTREMELLY! rude about it. I think I was just taken back by it. And her lack of caring about another person's feelings. Or maybe she was just doing her job. But my amazing mother brought me some pants up to the school. And I am so thankful for that so I didn't have to wear their uncomfortable sweatpants all day.

On to something else, I think so.

Today in my Teen Leadership class, that I really do not like going to, we had a really great discussion about our values. Many of the people in our class are disrespectful and do not care about anyone but themselves. So I thought it was very interesting when many people said that they valued respect. How can you value something if you don't do it yourself? So when the teacher asked if any of us had any questions, I popped my hand up and asked (and I quote myself) "People say they value respect but do they value getting respect or getting respect?" My teacher asked me if that was a rhetorical question and I told him yes, I knew my answer but I wanted everyone else's answer too. And it was very interesting to see people's reactions and comments to it.

Here is something to leave you guys with:

"For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power and love and discipline." 2 Timothy 1:7

"He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress and I will not be shaken." Psalm 62:6

That's all I have today. Hope everyone is have a fantabulous day! And even though my day started rocky, my foundation is strong and today has been wonderful!

Peace and Love!


 

Thank you Jesus for giving me a heart for people. Thank you Jesus for allowing me to understand. Thank you Jesus for being a wonderful and mighty foundation!

No comments:

Post a Comment