Saturday, May 24, 2014

Update on life.... from the past two years...

Almost two years have past since I wrote my last post.... and A LOT has changed in those two years.
Like the fact that I only have one year of college left?!?! What the heck! 
People say that college is the best years of your life, but they don't mention that they are also the hardest and most challenging years. 
Things and people are constantly changing and I have definitely experienced that first hand.
Some of them were good changes. Some of them were terrible and I would never wish them on anyone.
I seriously don't even know where to start...

So I have finished my sophomore and junior year of college now. 
I have had no fear of failing anymore classes either. 
I changed my major from communication disorders to education.
I moved out of the dorms and lived at home the summer after my freshman year.
I moved into an apartment with two other girls for my sophomore year.
Got a job at a local gym as a childcare worker.
Had many good and bad memories in the apartment.
Was promoted to childcare supervisor in March.
Bought a dog named Shiloh without my parents permission.
Broke up with boy.
Told parents about dog by bringing him home.
Passed all my classes and made Dean's List for the first time.
Stayed in San Marcos for the summer after my sophomore year.
Worked and took six hours of summer school.
Moved into a duplex with three other girls.
Was the hardest year of college so far.
Realized that many of my "friends" from the past year weren't real friends.
Continued working at gym as childcare supervisor.
Began to nanny for a local family.
Became consumed with school and work.
Took Shiloh to dog park and on walks, occasionally. 
Began to realize living with three girls was a bad decision.
Passed all my classes and made Dean's List.
Almost moved out at Christmas time.
Made New Years resolution to "Be Intentional" in every aspect of my life.
Began block classes in spring for education degree.
Found a new roommate for final year of college.
Brother got married in March.
Decided to move out of house in May.
Gave Shiloh to a new family.
Passed all my classes and made Dean's List.
Moved into new place.
And you have been caught up on my life.

That is the very condensed version of the past two years. Many of those things were just small parts that have happened and some of those things are huge things that I still think about. But something I have learned in the past two years is that in order for me to be happy, I have to choose to be that way. No person and no thing can make me happy. It is a choice. A lifestyle. 
So something else, along with my New Years resolution of being intentional, is to intentional make the choice to be happy. 
It is so easy for me to get caught up in the things that have happened in my past that I wish I could do over. But being able to choose to be happy is one that I hope I never look back and wish I would have done. I have an amazing life and have been given so much from so many different people. I hope that I never forget how much I am loved, cherished, and thought of by all the different people in my life. 
Hopefully I won't have to do another two year catch up, but if I do, remember in all times to choose joy!

Peace and love!

No comments:

Post a Comment